We will continue to have electronic auditions. There is no live audition. Groupings and music assignments will be decided by early July and music will be made available via parent’s email to all campers for practice prior to the camp.
Application Deadlines: TBA
- Qualified non-piano campers will be admitted on a first-come, rolling basis; whereas, piano campers will be admitted based on merit and seniority at this Camp at a date close to the deadline.
An application is incomplete until OPUS receives all three things: this form or online registration, a YouTube video link(s), and the $30 application fee. Your YouTube video may not exceed 7 minutes and should represent your highest technical and musical ability. This video alone will determine your music assignments. View instructions for Camp Auditions here. You should email the link(s) to campdirector@napOPUS.org. Please set your YouTube video(s) to public viewing, and you may delete the video after TBA. If you are unable to record your audition and/or create your YouTube video, OPUS members are available to help you for a small fee. OPUS will try to accommodate your grouping preference (see “Applicant Options” on back of form). Please be mindful of the deadlines. Via Camp Director’s emails, qualified non-piano campers will be admitted on a first-come, rolling basis; whereas, piano campers will be admitted based on merit and seniority at this Camp at a date close to the deadline.
PREPARATORY LESSON: Each camper will receive a 15-minute one-on-one preparatory lesson (time to be determined by email to you) with a faculty member to work on your individual ensemble and/or orchestra part. You should have practiced your assigned music before coming. Sunday also includes registration, Meet ‘n Greet, faculty recital, and Arts Connection Seminar. Plan to spend 4~6 hours at Benedictine University. The Sunday sessions are required for all campers, and the cost is included in your camp tuition.
View, download, or print the Admission Application Form.
Pre-formed Groups: Campers may apply as a pre-formed ensemble. Group placement is at the discretion of faculty.
- Application Fee: $30 (non-refundable) at the time of application
- Tuition: $680.00, except pianists: $730.00 per camper, by TBA after OPUS notifies you your tuition amount by email (as some may have scholarship and discount adjustments).
- Tuition Reductions: Discounts are available to eligible campers:
- Sibling(s): $50 each; Past OPUS camper: $50.
- Additional Discount for Referrals: both the person who refers or the referred: $50; and one may refer up to 3 new campers* for a total of $150.
*Note: Referrals are for those who actually enroll. One camper can refer multiple campers, but not vice versa.
Scholarship awards are placed towards tuition reduction in addition to discount(s).
- Important: The deadline for tuition payment is TBA, after OPUS provides you with an email indicating the tuition amount.
- Optional: specially requested private lessons by parents are separately charged. The fee is $40 / 30 minute session, and parents should pay directly to the teacher giving the private lesson. OPUS will try to honor these requests to the best of our ability.
- Refund Policy: Refund of tuition will not be issued after TBA.