The holidays are quickly approaching, and once more the OPUS chamber music ensembles’ HOLIDAY CONCERTS will make so many feel it is “THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR.” Thank you for wanting to perform for people who really appreciate it!
We have arranged the following wonderful senior residences and times for you to perform:
- Villa St. Benedict, Lisle – Wednesday, December 28th from 1:15 to 2:15
- Brookdale, Lisle (Devonshire) – Wednesday, December 28th from 3:00 to 4:00
- Monarch Landing, Naperville – Thursday, December 29th from 1:30 to 2:30
- Plymouth Place, Elmhurst – Thursday, December 29th from 4:00 to 5:15
Signup Contact the music director, Mara Gallagher, at campdirector@napOPUS.org
1) Please Tell us as soon as you are able. If you already have players in mind for your group (or music even), please also tell us. We’ll try to incorporate your wishes.
2) There are 2-Hour Coaching Sessions on Tuesday, December 27th: A) 3 – 5 pm; B) 5 – 7 pm; and C) 7 – 9 pm at North Central College (Larrance or White Academic Center). Tell us which time slot you would prefer: A, B or C. There will be a $15/person fee. You must attend the coaching session in order to perform.
3) We hope you can do all 4 concerts; however, if for some reason, you must skip one or two, let us know which ones (1, 2, 3, or 4) that you will be in.
It aired August 17th, and we’re a little behind on our posts. But, fear not! You can still watch it on YouTube!
Date: July 31 – August 6, 2016
Venue: Benedictine University, Lisle, IL
Ages: 8 through 18 (click here)
Schedule: Daily 9:00 – 4:15; early dropoff and late pickup available (click here)
Faculty: Over 25 experienced performers, educators, and chamber music coaches (click here)
Curriculum: Team-developed, energizing, interactive, challenging, and musically-inspiring (click here)
Registration: Opens January 1, 2016 – June 12, 2016. (click here)
Fees: Application $30; Tuition: $650. Scholarships, Discounts and Early Bird Gift available.
Audition: See Audition Information
OPUS is pairing up again with the Naperville Woman’s Club (NWC) in sponsoring this year’s Young Adults Solo and Chamber Ensemble Competition. This is for kids in 8th to 12th Grade.
Time: 2 – 5 pm on Saturday February 6
Place: NWC’s Church /Clubhouse on 14 S. Washington St., Naperville
Deadline: Dec 17, 2015
Requirement: Application Form and a CD
Prizes: Cash rewards ($500, $300, $100 to the first three places) and scholarships (including to the OPUS 2016 Camp)
For more information call 630-355-7132 OR e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.